About Beasties & Bygones
Beasties & Bygones is an irreverent fantasy roleplaying game that revels in giving you permission to go too far! Laugh around the table with your gaming group as your characters lampoon taboo topics through their satirical misadventures... or you know, just flippantly kill every beastie in sight all while poking fun of absolutely everything!
The setting of B&B is the world of Al'tearth, a bizarre amalgamation of Earth's history and mythologies, spanning from modern-day to ancient times. This magic-rich realm was created by a tremendously powerful "Clone Earth" spell, however, over the millennia, this crazy copy has since radically evolved on its own path.
Such metamagical creation events do tend to attract unwanted attention though. A primeval entity, becoming known as the Dark Taint from the South, infused itself into the new celestial body, spreading its corruption as deeply as it could seep in. This foulness now threatens all inhabitants, even the most powerful of the bygone gods! But don't worry, if its dirty stain creeps up your rear, you can always go get your taint bleached!
In the Beasties & Bygones Corebook, you'll find:
- 7 parody Classes!
- 9 abnormal Races!
- A multitude of outlandish monstrous Beasties!
- A hoard of wacky Magic Items!
- A Personality Facets system to support you in roleplaying your character!
- Details on four magnificent ancient Civilizations, each with its own twisted hybridizations!
- An eccentric Bygone God Council integrating four different pantheons from the past!
- The Isolation of Clog Adventure!
- A guide to creating your own Thematic Adventures through using a 3-Act Structure!
- A primordial entity for the Game Master to optionally roleplay, named the Narrator!
- Rules for implementing the Dark Taint's horrific influence upon Al'tearth and all its denizens!
- And a plethora of comedic fantasy world interpretations of present-day ideas and issues!